Application Deadlines and University Admission Requirements
- Application deadlines
- University minimum admission requirements
- Additional information for international students
- For applicants with mainly non-English preparatory education, see the University's English Test Requirements.
- Useful admission forms
- More information can be found from the SFSU Division of Graduate Studies website.
A. Non-Engineering or Non-Major Applicant holding a B.S. Degree:
- B.S. graduates from non-engineering programs or those who change their engineering major may be admitted as conditional graduate students.
- Applicants must have a record well above the university admission requirements stated above and be able to clearly demonstrate their potential in Engineering.
- Conditional graduate students may apply for advancement to classified graduate status, after satisfying minimum prerequisites of the applied program. Please contact the graduate program coordinator for more information.
- No conditional admissions are issued to international students.
B. Applicant with GPA Deficiency:
- An applicant with a GPA higher than 2.8 but less than 3.0 can fill out a University waiver form for this requirement and submit it along with other requried supplemental materials to the graduate program coordinator of the applied program.
MSECE: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required
MSCivil: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required
MSME: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are not required but will be considered as part of the admissions package for applicants who wish to submit them.