Application Period and Deadlines
|Application Open Period||November 15 - May 1||August 1 - November 1|
|Application Deadline||May 1||November 1|
University Admission Requirements
- Minimum GPA: 3.0/4.0 for the last 60 units
- University Graduate Application
- For applicants with mainly non-English preparatory education, please see the University's International English Test Requirements.
A. Non-Engineering or Non-Major Applicant holding a B.S. Degree:
- B.S. graduates from non-engineering programs or those who change their engineering major may be admitted as conditional graduate students.
- Applicants must have a record well above the university admission requirements stated above and be able to clearly demonstrate their potential in Engineering.
- Conditional graduate students may apply for advancement to classified graduate status, after satisfying minimum prerequisites:
- No conditional admissions are issued to international students.
B. Applicant with GPA Deficiency:
- An applicant with a GPA higher than 2.8 but less than 3.0 can fill out a University waiver form for this requirement and submit it with the other Engineering Requirements to:
- Engineering Graduate Program Coordinator
- School of Engineering
- 1600 Holloway Avenue
- San Francisco, CA 94132