Information about Academic Advising and academic resources can be found on this page.


Take a look at the Registrar's Student Guide. This has resources on the following:

  • Transcripts
  • Degree Planner
  • Dropping & Withdrawing Classes
  • Returning Students
  • Change of Major or Minor
  • Academic Verifications
  • CSU Fully Online
  • Registration Guide
  • Degree Progress Report (DPR)
  • Gator Scheduler
  • Registration Holds
  • ITS: Password & ID Services
  • Student Solutions
  • How To: Change Grading Options
  • How To: Accept and Incomplete Contract

Go here for all these guides:


Advising appointments with Professor Wong is available by booking a session below.

Note: Advising sessions are for Engineering Core and Career Counseling. If you have a question regarding General Education, please contact the COSE Student Success Center (

Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find links and answers to commonly asked questions. 

Adding Courses

1. What are permission numbers? 

It is a code that is provided by an instructor to allow you to enroll in a course once open-enrollment is over. 

2. What is some basic information regarding permission numbers?

The instructor or the department can provide permission numbers that:

  • Allow you to enroll in a class now that we're in the second week of the semester;

  • Waive pre-requisites that you have met elsewhere; 

  • Allow you to enroll in a class that is already full if that is feasible

3. How do you get a number?

You can contact the instructor by email or, for in-person classes, you can also ask the instructor by going to the in-person session.

4. How do I add a class with the permission number?

You can add permission numbers through your Student Center when enrolling for classes. Visit the Registering for Classes Guide, and view the Add/Enroll in Classes tab for step-by-step information on how to enroll in classes and add permission numbers. Keep in mind that most permission numbers have a reset date so make sure you use it before they expire.  

For more information about registering for classes, please visit the How to Enroll guide.

Course Waivers

1. What should I do if I need to repeat a course for the 3rd time?

Requests for exceptions to repeat a course for a third time or more shall require the consent of the instructor and department chair for the department in which the course is offered.

You must complete the College Waiver at:

Course Webpages

1. Where can I find course webpages? 

Refer to your course syllabus for specific information your course. The majority of courses use a Learning Management System (LMS) such as iLearn or Canvas. 

Starting Fall 2022, faculty/instructors have the option to use either the iLearn or Canvas platform. It is important that you refer to your course materials to ensure you identify which platform is being used. 

2. Where can I get guidance on using Canvas?

There are a number of resources available at:

3. Where can I get guidance on using iLearn?

There are a number of resources available at:


1. Where can I find out deadlines for dropping/adding/withdrawing courses? 

At the following link, click on the semester you are interested in. Then you will see a list of important dates which will include these key deadlines.

Academic Calendar:

General Education

1. Where can I go for advising regarding General Education questions?

Your best resource will be the COSE Student Success Center at:

They offer Appointments and Drop-In advising sessions. 

2. What GE courses are satisfied or completed by the Engineering Curriculum courses?

You can find a list at:


1. Where can I find the deadlines for graduation applications?