The Port of Oakland is thrilled to celebrate our 23rd year in hosting summer college interns. We are looking for ambitious, creative, and outgoing undergraduate college students to join us this summer for a paid internship opportunity. Prospective applicants can apply for paid internships in a variety of fields, including Audit, Aviation, Communications, Engineering, Governmental Affairs, Human Resources, Information Technology, Planning & Development and Social Responsibility.
Please visit our website for the job application: https://www.portofoakland.com/business/job-center/internships/
Here are some highlights on the application process and internship program:
- Applications will be accepted from Tuesday, January 21 through Friday, February 28, 2020 by 5 p.m. PST
- The internship program will run from Monday, June 15 through Friday, August 14, 2020
- Prospective applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Resident of the San Francisco Bay Area during the internship period (preference will go to residents of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties)
- Minimum GPA requirement of 2.75
- Provide two (2) references, one of which should be a college official (professor, counselor, advisor)
- Submit a complete, professional resume
- Submit a personal statement (500 words or less) about your connection to the Bay Area and how an internship with the Port of Oakland would support your career goals is also required.
- The program pay rate is $20 per hour
- Qualified applicants will be scheduled for an interview from Monday, March 9 to Friday, March 27, 2020
- All applicants can expect to hear from the Port of Oakland by Friday, April 3, 2020
Information for where to send resumes, transcripts, and personal statements are included in the online application.
A recent intern class created a video of their summer experience at the Port of Oakland; click here to watch!
Summer Internship Program Informational Session
Friday, February 7
2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Port of Oakland Main Office
530 Water Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Are you in the San Francisco Bay Area? We invite our community partners to attend the Port of Oakland’s Summer Internship Program Informational Session. Meet Port staff, the Summer Internship Committee, and host supervisors. Feel free to bring any questions you may have about the internship program. Please RSVP right here.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.