M.S. in Structural and Earthquake Engineering from San Francisco State University
B.S. in Civil Engineering from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI)
- Structural Engineers Association of Northern California (SEAONC)
- Professional Civil Engineer (P.E.), California (C 77681)
- LEED AP #10330607
- SAP Evaluator, California Office of Emergency Services
- "Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Achievement"- San Francisco State University, 2014
- 2012 Concrete Masonry Association of CA/NV (CMACN) Scholarship
James brings over 8 years of professional structural engineering experience in a broad range of project types including commercial, residential, healthcare, tenant improvement and seismic retrofit work. He is skilled in structural design using a diversity of building materials and construction methods. Currently James is a project manager at FTF Engineering here in San Francisco and previously worked for KPFF Consulting Engineers' San Diego and San Francisco offices. While at KPFF Consulting Engineers he spent two years on-site serving as project manager for structural construction administration for Palomar Pomorado Health District's 11-story, 740,000 square foot new Palomar Medical Center West in Escondido, CA, a nearly $1 Billion project.
James is an enthusiastic community volunteer, participating regularly in Rebuilding Together San Francisco's yearly seismic survey events. Following the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti, he spent several weeks in the country teaching the principles of confined masonry design and construction to over 150 local builders and masons.