2020 NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) Site: Integrated Academia-Industry Research Experience for Undergraduate in Smart Structure Technology
Funded by National Science Foundation, San Francisco State University and the University of South Carolina are partnering with highly-acclaimed companies to offer undergraduate students an exceptional opportunity to participate in exciting research on smart structure technologies. Through the 10-week summer program, participants will be working with engaging professors and passionate engineering professionals on practical research projects in both academic and industrial environments.
Application Deadline: Feb. 14, 2020
- Program Period: June 1 – Aug 7. 2020 (10 weeks)
- Formal training, workshops, technical tours and local cultural activities
- Research experience through engagement in projects with scientific and practical merits in both academic and industrial environments
- Experience in conducting laboratory experiments and opportunities to connect with industrial professionals for future employment
- Summer research experience with a stipend of $5000
- Subsidized housing and partial travel support
Who should apply?
- Students enrolled in a U.S. college or university as undergraduate (GPA > 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale)
- Highly motivated students interested in civil engineering research (previous research experience is not required)
- United States citizens or permanent residents (required by NSF guidelines)
- Able to show proof of health insurance for duration of the program
We look forward to working closely with you in the summer of 2020!
Apply Now: HTTP://SDII.CE.SC.EDU/REU_SST/