Student Enrichment Opportunities (SEO)
SFSU Student Enrichment Opportunities
Application Deadline for 2023-2024 Scholarships: March 15, 2023
Complete ONE application for multiple SEO scholarships
For majors in Biology, Chemistry & Biochemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics interested in pursuing an advanced degree in a biomedical field.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or 415-338-1305, or join our Zoom office hours on Wednesdays from 2-4 PM.
Undergraduate Scholarships for Fresh, Soph, Junior & Senior Graduate Fellowshipsfor 1 st & 2nd year MS student
If students have questions, they can visit the SEO office in SCI 200, call us at 415-338-1305, or join our Zoom office hours:
SEO virtual office hours - Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m.
Meeting ID: 86734268373
Civil Engineering Scholarship
Holmes Engineering Award for Civil ENGR Students
Application Deadline: April 21, 2023
$5,000.00 Award + Opportunity to be considered for a Summer 2023 Internship with Holmes Structures
Must be a returning SFSU student in Fall 2023 as an undergraduate Civil Engineering Student
Eligible Juniors and seniors are encouraged to apply
US citizen or permanent resident
Minimum GPS 3.0
Reach out to email@example.com for qestions.
Steven B Tipping Structural Engineers
Steven B Tipping Memorial Scholarship
The Steven B. Tipping Memorial Scholarship for Innovation and Excellence in Structural Engineering
Application Deadline for 2023-2024 Scholarships: March 20, 2023
The Steven B. Tipping Memorial Scholarship for Innovation and Excellence in Structural Engineering is a $3,500 cash grant. It is awarded annually to an outstanding structural engineering student of a Historically Underrepresented Group in Structural Engineering. This includes but is not limited to first-generation college students, women, Black/African American, Native/Indigenous American, Hispanic/Latino, Pacific Islander, or Asian, and other people of color.
flyer attached for more info.
- Candidates must be a current student in a California-based junior college, university or college, with a focused career interest in structural engineering.
- Candidates need to be registered in the fall term of the year of the award (Fall 2023).
The 2023 Degenkolb Engineers Scholarship + Internship
The 2023 Degenkolb Engineers Scholarship + Internship
The 2023 Degenkolb Engineers
Scholarship + Internship
The Degenkolb Engineers Scholarship has been established to encourage students to pursue a graduate education in
structural engineering. The scholarship will be awarded to the Intern applicant that best demonstrates a
commitment to furthering the standards of the profession and pursuit of knowledge.
Deadline for Application: March 20, 2023
1. Candidates shall have intent to enroll (or continue enrollment) in the Master of Science in Engineering:
Structural/Earthquake Engineering program in the Fall 2023.
2. Candidates shall have excellent academic and leadership skills.
1. Paid 10-week internship with Degenkolb Engineers during the summer of 2023.
2. $5,000 grant awarded after registration for the SFSU Structural/Earthquake Engineering program in the Fall 2023 semester.
1. Submit an application by March 20, 2023 thru the link below
2. Submit a targeted cover letter of two pages or less to explain:
- Individual career goals in the structural engineering profession
- Goals for a graduate school education
- Individual academic and leadership skills
- Any challenges you experienced while pursuing your academic journey (for example, first generation college graduates may struggle for resources)
3. Please note: our corporate diversity goals for the Degenkolb Intern workforce may contribute to our scholarship selection criteria.
See flyer for more information.
American Council of Engineering Companies
2023 Scholarship (Peninsula Chapter)
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
To be eligible, you must:
1. Be a resident of San Mateo County.
2. Be enrolled at a community college (i.e., Cañada College, Skyline College, College of San Mateo, Evergreen Valley College, etc), a California State University or University of California System (i.e., UC Davis, UC San Diego, etc.)
3. Indicate an interest in engineering or land surveying based on courses taken in the fields of Engineering or Land Surveying.
4. Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (4.0 basis) through Fall 2022.
Students interested in this scholarship should send an email to Ernest Chan (firstname.lastname@example.org ) with a personal note letter (in PDF format, see contents requirements below) as an attachment. The email should be titled “ACEC Peninsula Chapter Scholarship 2023” and must be sent no later than 11:59pm on April 30, 2023. No applications will be accepted received after the time stamp noted above.
Please see attached flyer for more information and application form.
Great Minds in STEM Scholars
The Great Minds in STEM Scholarship Portal is now OPEN!
Accepting Applications Until April 30, 2023
Scholarships are available for traditionally underserved and underrepresented students, especially Hispanic, who are graduating high school seniors, undergraduate students and graduate students pursuing a STEM or health-related field of study at an accredited 2-year or 4-year college/university in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
Merit-based scholarships range from $1,000 - $5,000 and require a minimum 3.0 GPA. Some merit-based scholarships may allow part-time enrollment.
STEM Civic Service scholarships start at $500 and may allow a minimum 2.5 GPA and may also allow part-time enrollment.
Scholarship recipients will also be supported with travel, hotel and registration to attend the 2023 GMiS Conference, from October 11-14, 2023, in Pasadena, CA, to meet their scholarship sponsor.
Please submit your scholarship-related questions to email@example.com or refer to the Scholarship FAQs.