School of Engineering

University and Location

Founded in 1899, the SFSU campus is located on 96 acres in the southwest corner of San Francisco, one mile from the Pacific Ocean and 15 minutes from downtown. SFSU is located near Highway 1 and easily accessible by bus and rail service on Muni, SamTrans and BART. SFSU awards bachelor's degrees in 117 areas of specialization and master's in 97 within its 83 academic departments and programs. SFSU enrolls 26,800 students, 76 percent of whom are undergraduate students and the other 24 percent graduate students. On average, most SFSU students are 26 years of age.

SFSU provides on-campus housing in two traditional residence buildings, Mary Park and Mary Ward Halls. Apartment living is available for upper-division and graduate students in the new Village at Centennial Square. Additional accommodation is available to students at the nearby Stonestown and Park Merced apartments, as well as on Treasure Island and in the Presidio.


SF State Home