Cheng Chen, Ph.D.
|Graduate Program Coordinator for Structural/Earthquake Engineering &
Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering
Discipline: Structural Engineering & Earthquake Engineering
Office: SCI 168A
Office Hours: Click here
Phone: (415) 338-7740
Fax: (415) 338-0525
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, Lehigh University, 2007
- M.S., Building Engineering, Tongji University, 2002
- B.S., Building Engineering, Tongji University, 1999
Dr. Chen received his B.S. degree in 1999 and M.S. degree in 2002 from Tongji University. After he received his Ph.D. degree in Structural engineering from Lehigh University in 2007, he served as post-doctoral research associate and research engineer at the Lehigh NEES RTMD Site in 2008 and 2009. He is currently an assistant professor of Civil Engineering in the School of Engineering at San Francisco State University. His research interests focus on advanced experimental techniques and seismic hazard mitigation. Dr. Chen has published over twenty refereed journal or conference proceeding articles. He is a member of ASCE, EERI, AISC and NEES Inc.
Areas of Specialization
- Hybrid Simulation;
- Numerical Methods for Structural Dynamics and Real-Time Structural Testing;
- Smart Structures and Materials for Hazard Mitigation;
- Fire Structural Engineering;
- Performance Based Engineering.